Thursday, May 24, 2007

Little Red Riding Hood





The story that is called Wolfland By Tanith Lee was very interesting to me because it was so very different than the other Little Red Riding Hood storied. It is on page 624 in the Retellings book, and was written in 1983. By the way that the story started out I thought that it was going to be just like all of the other ones, where the little girl had to go and visit her grandman who lived deep in the woods of the forest just out of town, but by the middle of the story I realized that it was very different than the others. To start out the girl was not going to see her grandma because she was sick, she was going to see her because she wanted to inherit the fortune that her grandmother had. The biggest difference was that when she got to the house the grandmother was still alive and well. With these differences there were also many similarities. I didn't expect the ending to turn out the way that it did, but I am not sure if I am suposed to shair that with the rest of the class in case you haven't read it yet, so I will leave you with this image.




There was also another passage that I really liked. I liked the one on page 652, titled Littel Red Riding Hood and the Wolf. The author of this passage is Roland Dahl. It started out just like the rest, but in the end Red Riding Hood ends up wearing a Wolfskin Coat. This was great because I just thought to myself that "Yes, she is sticking it to the man!" I invision her looking something like this after she skinns the big bad wolf. When I say sticking it to the man, I mean that she shows him who is boss and she doesn't have to take his crap.

No comments: