Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Control



This blog goes along with my posting of the poem that I was assigned to me and that was My Last Duchess. I wrote at the bottom the my prestentation that I compare this poem to people today because of the fact that at the job there is a controll that is not there in the home. At home a person really doesn't really have the controll that they wish they had, you can say that you can control your family, but in real life there is no such thing as control over your family.


My family is the perfect example of this sense of control. When I was growing up we went of a vacation every summer. We would either go to Disney Land, or to a Lake, or some place like that. At that time my two sisters and myself were all small and listened to everything my parents said. Their word was the LAW. A few years passed by and we were growing up, we didn't listen to what my Mom and Dad told us to do. They had lost total controll of their family and they things they said and the way that they act. We suddenly stopped going on vacation each summer, and the excuse was that my parents were just to busy with work to take any time off.


I see myself falling into this controll pattern. After getting involved with this poem I realized that I am like Alfonso. I am like him because I like to control the things around me. An example of this is my major. I majored in Neuroscience, and Chemistry, and in these sciences there is a sense of control that I have because there is a exact way that things need to be done, and the instructions are very black and white. This class has been very difficult for me because there is no real write and wrong way to do something, and the instructions are all gray. I feel like I have lost control and this is not something that I like. I am glad that I have taken this class because it made me realize that I need spots of gray in my black and white world.




No comments: