Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Seize the Day



This saying has been a major point during the last couple of weeks in this class. Seize the Day or Carpe Diem, is an example of how you should live your life. In the two plays that we have read, The Tempest, and Hamlet these are large parts of them too. In the Tempest your are suposed to live life to the fullest and get every part of knowledge that you can because you don't have any idea what is next to come. Miranda is living everyday as if she has not ever lived before because everything is new and exciting to her. In the play, Hamlet, seize the day is just displayed in a different way. The main thought in this play is to do something, not to just sit there and let things happen to you. My mother always said that if you want cookies you have to go make them. This saying is not just something she would say when I literally wanted cookies, but when I would talk about other things that I wanted. For example when I was little I wanted to be a Doctor, and my mother said to go make cookies, meaninig to take every moment and make it into something that will help the cause. It took me a long time to take her advise, but since I have I am now going to do what I have always wanted, and go to PA School to achieve my dream.

No comments: