Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Retellings by the English 123 Class

I really liked all of the stories that everyone wrote and presented. I thought that everyone put tons of effort and time into their stories. Listening to the different presentations they all were pretty obvious what other story they were trying to play off of and what they were going for with each of them. The one that wasn't very clear to me was the story that Patrick wrote. During class I really didn't get it, but when I went home and thought about it I really started to like it. The way that I understand his story is that the city is the wolf and the main person in the story is Little Red Riding Hood. I thought this was a really cool way to look at things because I kind of feel the same way. I am going to be moveing to Phoenix Arizona next spring to attend PA School. I have lived in Montana my entire life, and most of that in Belt Montana where everyone knows everyone else. The population of Belt is about 800-1000 people, this doesn't even compare to Phoenix. Bozeman is the largest place that I have ever lived in and even this doesn't compare to Phoenix. I feel that I related with Patrick's story because when I have to move out of my safe little corner of the world I will be intimidated by the level of the City and the rate at which it functions at, just like the main person in his story.









This is a picture of a part of Belt, MT that I found on the internet.

No comments: